Friday, January 13, 2006

Happy Birthday!!!

As I am getting older, the less I want to celebrate my birthday. No it is not the fear of getting older. I think it is being more practical and not wanting to make a big deal out of it.

As before, this year, I knew what people might do so I WARNED people: DO NOT celebrate my birthday. In fact, I told them not to think about it because I am not even in town for my birthday. I had to travel to TX for work. Hehehe so I thought.

This is what happened:

1/6, after youth group, lots of church friends gathered to give me a birthday surprise outside Farley house's garage door. I was pleasantly surprised as I cannot believe on a Friday night, people showed up just for me. It seemed like the whole FNL gang was there. (Right, this is totally low key Andrea!!!) Hehe :P

After chatting and eating my favorite raisin oatmeal cookies, mud pie and salty chips, few of us went bowling at Cupertino until 2 AM. Sports and I just don't mix so without exception, I sucked at bowling but had a totally good time with everyone. It was fun to see how everyone bowled and how we cheered each other on. Believe me, I got enough bowling advices that I think I can teach someone else to bowl. By the way, why was my ball always started straight and then ended up curved?

After bowling, Summer stayed over at my place. We chatted before going to bed. Although we are too old for this, we stayed up until 7AM. Let's don't do this again because I was very cranky the next day on 3 hours of sleep. Yikes!

1/7, my entire family knew I did not want them to buy anything (again remember I did not want people to celebrate?) so they gave me $$$ for my birthday shopping spree. I had a good time shopping with my mom. I bought 2 jackets and 1 coat. Afterwards, my family and I went out for a nice dinner at Khrung Thai.

1/8, Shally, Andrea and I went to Stanford mall after church. As soon as Shally and I got out of my car, I locked my keys, cell phone and my purse inside of my car trunk. Shally and I were looking at each other not knowing whether to cry or laugh. Good thing Shally had her cell so I could call home and asked my parents for rescue. See this is what lack of sleep can do to me. I have NEVER ever locked my keys in my car… prior to this.

Sunday night, my college friend Khoung came over to pick up my computer. She knows my computer is SLOW, so she said she would upgrade and work on my computer while I was traveling for work. Khoung even asked if I want her to put k-dramas on it. Wow, talk about being super nice to a k-drama addict. Of course, I declined so I can ask her to put shows on diskettes. This way, I can corrupt more people around me. Hahaha.

1/9, my coworker Erica totally saved my butt. While I was getting ready to leave for airport, I discovered my work laptop was missing from my computer bag. I FREAKED out. I called Erica in a state of panic but she was very clam and quick to her feet. She checked and told me my computer was at work. Erica even offered to drop it off at home for me. Long story short, I am just counting another blessing.

1/10, my boss Prema met up with me at TX. She came just for me so that she could be my support as I was overseeing this particular project's manufacturing run for the first time. For dinner, Prema and I went to a Japanese restaurant, this meant a lot as Prema is vegetarian and cannot eat anything there. Next day, before Prema flew back to CA, she called me from the airport to wish me a happy birthday.

1/11, I received lots of emails, ecards, and voice mails to wish me happy birthday and of course to see how I was doing in TX. My TX work trip went well. No complications. In fact, people there sang "happy birthday" to me too...

What can a girl ask for when she is well loved by people and by God? I am indeed very blessed. Many priases to God and thank you all for making my birthday week very special!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

too bad you left your cell phone and computer in CA so none of us could reach you!!!! -s

winx said...

awww, we love you Phoebe!