Friday, August 19, 2005

Haircut

I just had my hair cut recently. Being impatient, I did not wait for the stylist who usually cut my hair to free up. I figured haircut is haircut. What can go wrong? So I just went to whoever was free at the time.

Big mistake!!! Haircut is NOT just a haircut. Let's just say this hair-do could probably join the haircut horror hall of fame. :( You know your haircut is pretty bad when you go home, your family tells you your hair will grow back and when you go to work, no one dare to say anything. Believe me, I was very sad. My dear mommy, who loves me very much did not want to see me sad everyday, later arranged to have my hair trimmed, so it is less horror now.

Even though it is just a stupid hair-do, seeing how my mommy went out of her way in getting my hair trimmed (i.e. all the complexities in talking to the lady who messed-up my hair… of course the lady said my hair was fine... then talking to my usual stylist to cut my hair…etc), I was reminded again how much my mommy loves and cares for me.

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!" Isaiah 49:15. I cannot even begin to fathom how much more our heavenly father must love and care for each of us...

No comments: