Funny how our Father is making me ponder over this question recently. I have to say, whenever friends share their situations with me, I would encourage them, cheer them on, and believe God is in control. Honestly, it is a lot easier to believe and say to others, when I am the 3rd party looking in.
Just 2 weeks ago, I was given this opportunity to pray and decide whether I would serve in BSF leadership next school year. I prayed and honestly I couldn’t think of any reason not to. Consequently, I said yes. Not even a day after I gave my answer, my big boss and boss told me that I would be traveling more. With new projects that are coming at work, I was like, what should I do?
Yup, I started to struggle with my decision on whether to serve in BSF due to my travel schedule. Over this whole process, praying, deciding, interviewing and talking to BSF leaders, I realized that the part of me having such a struggle in deciding was because I KNOW my schedule will be busy (hey, it cannot be less clear when your direct boss tells you without any hesitation). Using my human eyes to look at things, I KNOW there is just NO way to work out everything. Thus, I was torn.
But, wait, didn’t I say I believe that our Father is in control? Well, yeah, my point exactly. It is harder to see when you are so closely involved seeing all the impossible details and yet REALLY believing that God will work out everything. Yup, ye of little faith, that’s me! Being so independent myself, I was using my little brain and little strength trying to reason. That’s why God is teaching me this lesson now. How much do you believe in me and believing I am in control?
I still don’t know how God would work out my schedule but I know He will. Other wise He wouldn’t have provided me with this opportunity to serve! Yeah, I am learning not to put our Father inside my little box. I am being reminded if I DO believe, I got to trust, let go and lean on Him. I have to rely on His strength because frankly, I have nothing else. I do believe our Father wants to show me how much He is capable of. Not with my strength, but with entirely His. That's why He is making me let go this earlier on. So, yes, I have surrendered my work schedule to God. My final decision is to serve in BSF in the coming school year.
Do you believe our God is in control?
Sunday, April 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yup, God is in control! You can do it Fifi!!!! He will not give you more than you can bear. I know you will certainly grow a ton at BSF. Here's one of my favorite verse to share with you: Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. God's always in control. Let go and let God!
Post a Comment